We’ve had a handful of balmy days here in Georgia, and I’m now officially longing for the warmer days to come and stay. Spring is a great time to hit the reset button around your home; so let’s embrace the first day of spring with some “to do’s”!
1. Take it outside. Even if you missed the boat to plant the spring bulbs last fall, it’s not too late to spruce up your garden and prep it for planting. There are even certain things you can plant now! Check a local gardening calendar like this one for tips and tricks.
2. While you’re out there, pull together a spring container planting. Your local garden center will be stocked with what’s blooming now. Find a pretty urn or unusual container to add a pop of brightness to your outdoor spaces.
3. Bring the outside in. It’s cliche, isn’t it? But bringing fresh flowers into a space is like a breath of fresh air. I love searching Pinterest for creative displays of fresh flowers in a home… the simplest containers come to life with a bit of imagination and a bouquet from your supermarket.
4. Set a pretty table. Throw open the blinds, let the sunshine stream in, and set a pretty spring table for your loved ones. Why wait for Easter? How about a First Day of Spring tablescape to set the tone for the season? Keep it simple — a pitcher of flowers or greenery and your favorite dishes and linens.
5. Adorn the front door. The possibilities for a unique spring door decor are endless! Take an ordinary item — an umbrella or watering can, for instance — and create a welcoming door display for spring. If you use fresh flowers in your door decor, the bonus is that with spring temperatures remaining cool, your flowers will last longer!
Spring is also a great time to start shopping outdoor rugs for your deck, porch or patio! Here are a few of my favorites from the Mohawk outdoor rug collection.
I hope spring has “sprung” where you are! How do you celebrate its arrival?
Find more home decor inspiration and DIYs on my blog, Decor & More.