Taking proper care of your new rug will prolong its life and overall appearance. Use the below tips as guidelines, but you should always comply with the recommended instructions on your area rug's label, located on the back of the rug.
Area and Accent Rug Care
- Rugs 20” x 60” or smaller may be machine washed separately in cold water using mild detergent in a commercial front load washer. Use only non-chlorine bleach when needed. Tumble dry on low setting or line dry.
- Rugs 60” x 84” or larger should be spot cleaned with a solution of mild detergent and water or cleaned professionally. Regular vacuuming also helps rugs remain attractive and serviceable.
- It is important to vacuum your rug regularly to remove loose soil, but take special care when vacuuming fringe and edges to avoid accidental fraying.
- Shag rugs are best vacuumed through use of the attachments or a canister vacuum with no beater bar. Vacuums with beater bars and brushes, or those that set too low, may abrade the face of the rug and cause accidental damage.
- Rotating your rug often will allow the normal wear to be more evenly distributed.
- Regularly rotating your rug will also help to minimize color changes that may occur from exposure to direct sunlight.