Known for its crisp lines, muted interiors and understated elegance, Scandinavian style is all about chic minimalism and hygge, a Danish word translating to 'cozy' and 'relaxing.'
Get the Look: Scandinavian Style Home
Traits & Tips
- Cool color schemes, shades of gray and clean white lines
- Black or monochromatic accents and wall art
- Modern metallic lighting
- Natural wooden flooring and furniture
- An occasional pop of color. Blue is a favorite!
- Decor that serves a purpose—functionality is key
- Cut out excess clutter. Less is more with this scaled-back style.
- Breathe life into your space with houseplants, including succulents and cacti.
- Incorporate natural elements like knit blankets, faux fur throws, and wicker baskets.
- Practice hygge by creating an inviting sanctuary to enjoy relaxing and entertaining friends and family.