Mid-Century Modern may have roots in the 1940's, but with its clean lines and classic streamlined shapes, it's a look that will never go out of style.
Get the Look: Mid-Century Modern Style Home
Traits & Tips
- Sleek lines and sharp, eye-catching angles
- Wooden furniture often made of oak or teak
- Low profile sofas in solid colors with splayed legs
- Bold accent chairs in unique shapes: butterfly, lounge, swan, molded Eames
- Pendant lighting, sculpted lamps, metallic floor lamps
- Geometric patterns
- Incorporate colorful accents and furniture, but keep walls neutral. White is preferred.
- Allow wooden details to take center stage.
- Add retro wall art, vintage-inspired accents and sunburst mirrors.
- Blend old and new to prevent your space from looking dated.