All-American farmhouse style showcases earthy color palettes, laid-back spaces, and simple details with rustic charm.
Get the Look: Farmhouse Style Home
Traits & Tips
- Classic farmhouse style includes shiplap, exposed wood beams and open shelving
- Mixed materials like wicker, wood and metal accents can instantly add dimension to any space.
- Weathered finishes give furniture a lived-in look
- Accessorize using wire baskets, mix-and-match décor, relaxed fabrics like cotton, vintage wall art and simple floral accents.
- Warm up natural hardwood flooring commonly found in farmhouses with a new area rug or patterned runner. You can add a splash of color or keep things simple with neutral tones.